Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, July 4, 2011

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pray with us

I may post here several times this week in order to keep all who care abreast of happenings in Ethiopia as Jessica and our friend Haley are there visiting our kids. Actually, right now, as I type this they are at the orphanage. It's about 6:15pm there.

This is a special post. Haley's dad has been sick for a couple of months now and they aren't quite sure what's wrong. Why don't I just let Haley tell it. Here is a message she sent to her friends asking for prayer:
Friends, as I was in the air flying to Ethiopia, my Dad was being rushed to the emergency room after nearly two months of trying to figure out what has been causing him pain in his back. Everything seemed explainable, but definitely not right. He has been to Dr. after Dr. and everything was checking out ok...until yesterday when he was unable to get out of bed with the pain significantly increased. At this point the Drs. are Oncologists and Hematologists. As I sit right where I know for sure the Lord has led me to sit, my Dad is in pain and unsure of where we are headed. Man this is hard. However, even in heartbreaking confusion I trust the Lord. Please pray for Dad, and pray for me as I commit to the joy God calls me to have in all circumstances. Jess and I are headed to the orphanage to meet the kids in about 20 mins. All I know to do is ask for your prayers.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pray with us and pass this on to get others to pray. Haley is near and dear to our hearts and on top of that, in many ways, has made the trip to Ethiopia possible. As she rejoices with Jessica there with our kids she also suffers by being on the other side of the world from her daddy and not knowing all that is happening.

Specific ways to pray:
  • For healing and comfort for Mr. Scully
  • For peace and calm for Haley
  • For assurance and patience for the Scully family as they wait for answers
  • For accuracy and clarity as the doctors look for answers
  • For the potential strain this could put on Jessica and Haley as they fight different emotions and jet lag
I know even now many of you have begun to pray. Thank you.

I do want to leave you with a quick kids update. I awoke this morning to two text messages that immediately made happy tears flow. Jessica's said, "kids English is really good. They are amazing!" And one from Haley said, "You wife is showing your kids video of you and they cant take their eyes of you saying 'papa'." As I type this I weep with joy.

Lord, please help us get these kids here quickly.

Thank You, God.

Thank you for reading.

6 comments:

  1. Praying, thinking, hoping and shedding tears with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart rejoices with you!! Praying for all of you. Please keep posting. I am checking for updates obsessively!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. praying and crying with you all!! Love you to the ends of the earth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying,crying I know Lord our God has plans for all this stuff!We love yall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Father, lift up Jessica and Haley on this trip so they may serve you and your people without distraction. Please heal Haley's father and be her and her family's comfort during this time of uncertainty. We know nothing happens outside of your knowledge and will, and we trust in your word - Rom 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. In Jesus Name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm praying. This verse came to mind.
    "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." John 14:27

    Love yall!

    ReplyDelete